Process Safety Consultant
As a global and fast expanding business, our company is looking for an experienced Process Safety Chemist to work in our Chemical Reaction Hazards Laboratory. The successful candidate will undertake chemical processing and testing using thermal screen and colorimetry equipment to provide safety and scale-up data on chemical reactions. They will be expected to lead in developing this service for our international client base focusing on solutions for Chemical, Pharmaceutical and other manufacturing industries.
The successful candidate will already have commercial laboratory experience using Carius, DSC, ARC, ARSST, RC1 and VSP2 equipment for providing scale-up and reaction data. They should be confident in discussing with clients their business requirements and identifying their testing need when taking chemical processes through to pilot plant level and full production reactor work. They will be expected to liaise with clients on the end-to-end process of identifying, scoping, reporting, and follow-up of safety projects. Agreeing and delivering within critical client deadlines and be a capable, and effective advocate of process safety. They will be expected to become the primary laboratory contact for chemical reaction analysis and provide expert advice and guidance on process safety.
- Undertake Chemical Thermal Screening and Chemical Reaction hazard Analysis
- Data analysis and Report writing
- Support for our fire and explosion physical properties laboratory.
- Sample chemical receipt and storage
- Sample Preparation and testing
- Laboratory hygiene
- Chemical disposal to local environmental standards
- Graduate Chemist with commercial process scale-up experience
- Experience with chemical scale-up processes and laboratory testing using Carius, ARC, DSC, ARSST, RC1, VSP2 or equivalent.
- Good IT proficiency in Microsoft Office suite. (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Attention to detail / Ability to work unsupervised / Good communicator
- Candidates must be authorised to live and work in the UK
- Full clean UK driving license
- Candidates must live or be prepared to relocate (at their own expense), to within commuting distance of Winchester, UK
Next step: CV to email@example.com (Quote Senior Chemist [CRH] UK, in the subject field)
Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits
Position: Permanent, Full-time
Location: Winchester, UK