How to Remain DSEAR/ATEX Compliant without Replacing Old Equipment
Non-electrical equipment is used in the handling and processing of flammable liquids, gases and powders across the process industries.
The objective of a Non-Electrical Equipment Ignition Risk Assessment (NEIRA) is to identify and eliminate or control specific ignition sources from mechanical equipment such as frictional heat or sparks during routine operations or from equipment-upset conditions. This equipment should be ATEX certified however if pre-ATEX certification equipment is in use, then conducting a NEIRA assessment can provide ATEX certification and is often cheaper than replacement.
What you’ll learn:
- An introduction to the BS EN / ISO 80079-36
- How to undertake a systematic review of potential ignition sources and the likelihood of them becoming an effective ignition source
- How to identify and implement effective assessment procedures
This webinar is best for:
- Safety Engineers
- Environmental Health Safety Specialist
- Risk Engineers
- Process Engineers and Process Designers
- EHS Specialists, Managers, Supervisors and Engineers
Technical Speaker – Chriag S. Process Safety Consultant, Sigma-HSE
Chirag received his M.Eng (Hons) Chemical Engineering from University College London. He has over 10 years of experience working across multiple industries including API Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Food and Chemical Manufacturing facilities.
Throughout his career, Chirag has provided a range of DSEAR, NEIRA, HAZOP facilitation, QRA and Safety & Qulity audits for an ever increasing range of industries.