On-demand Webinar: Controlling Electrostatic Hazards
Electrostatic discharges can act as a source of ignition that may result in fire or explosion. This can occur when materials come into contact and move relative to other materials or by induction.
For many process industries such as paint and powder spray booths, and the food industry, electrostatic risks are often poorly understood and can materialise in unexpected ways.
This webinar provides an understanding of the process, products and equipment needed to avoid the ignition of flammable gas, vapour, or dust clouds alongside general electrostatic hazards in the workplace.
Learn more about our testing capabilities here.
What you’ll learn:
• Understanding how electrostatic charges are created in the industry
• Types of discharge and their relevance to explosive atmospheres
• How to identify and mitigate electrostatic charges in order to mitigate risk
This webinar is best for:
- HSE Directors / Managers
- Process and HSE Professionals
- Plant Managers
- Project Managers and Risk Assessors from Pharmaceutical, Manufacturing, Bulk and Fine Chemicals, Oil and Gas and other process industries.
Technical Speaker – Mike Weaver, Associate Director, Sigma-HSE
Mike Weaver has had technical involvement with consulting services for many industries in Europe in the field of Process Safety.
Throughout his career, Mike has also designed, built and managed Process Safety Laboratories to GLP Standards and has worked with companies to optimise their testing programmes and interpretation of data to formulate a suitable Basis of Safety.
Mike has also been heavily involved with regulatory compliance such as REACH, CLP, GHS, and has provided guidance to small, medium and international companies to ensure registrations and regulatory compliance for their materials.