Understanding Fire and Explosion Properties of Dusts/Powders
Manufacturers need to understand if their materials are flammable, and what risks are inherent in the material being handled.
SDS data provided can help but is not always comprehensive enough if process conditions are not under ambient conditions (i.e., elevated pressure, elevated temperatures) or a mixture.
What you’ll learn:
- The relationship between materials, the testing suite and what information each test provides on their potential flammability and explosivity.
- How to use testing information to support your basis of safety for unit operations and what you should do if you receive unexpected results.
- Partnering with Sigma-HSE to create bespoke/customised testing conditions to match your process operation and prove your safety case.
This webinar is best for:
- Safety Engineers
- Environmental Health Safety Specialist
- Risk Engineers
- Process Engineers and Process Designers
- EHS Specialists, Managers, Supervisors and Engineers
Register for free
Technical Speaker – Dr Andrew Fowler, Director, Sigma-HSE
Dr Fowler received his BSc and PhD in Surface Chemistry from the University of Durham in 1984. He has sixteen years of experience as an HSE Process Safety Specialist Inspector covering field inspections, major hazards, and safety policy development. During his time at the HSE, Dr Fowler authored guidance publications and staff training manuals.
Following an accomplished career in the UK HSE, Dr Fowler gained a wealth of commercial consultancy experience. During this time, he completed multiple process safety management audits and published bespoke staff training programs.