On-Demand: Importance of Accurate Combustibility Data to Establish Your Basis of Safety
Every plant unit operation requires a ‘Basis of Safety’. Establishing the appropriate Basis of Safety involves an assessment of the processes and the most practical and effective solution for a particular operation or site.
Elements to be considered are:
- the combustibility properties of the materials being processed,
- the level of ventilation and confinement of the operations,
- levels and frequency of human occupancy in the processing areas,
- the nature and volume of material being processed.
- the machinery process risk of fires and explosions.
In this webinar we will identify the test data is necessary to support the following three choices available for your Basis of Safety, which are Avoidance of Ignition Sources, Explosion Prevention and Explosion Protection.
What you’ll learn:
- How to establish an appropriate Basis of Safety
- Fire & Explosion risk reduction methodologies.
- Identifying the appropriate basis of safety for each unit operation.
This webinar is best for:
- Technical Manager
- HSE/EHS Manager
- Process/Technical/Safety Engineer
- Process Hazard Analyst
- EHS Engineer/Coordinator
Register for free
Technical Speaker – Mike Weaver, Associate Director, Sigma-HSE
Mike Weaver has had technical involvement with consulting services for many industries in Europe in the field of Process Safety.
Throughout his career, Mike has also designed, built and managed Process Safety Laboratories to GLP Standards and has worked with companies to optimise their testing programmes and interpretation of data to formulate a suitable Basis of Safety.
Mike has also been heavily involved with regulatory compliance such as REACH, CLP, GHS, and has provided guidance to small, medium and international companies to ensure registrations and regulatory compliance for their materials.